Cooking has turned into a huge hobby of mine. I post pictures of what I make on my Instagram (@alainasteiner). As a joke, I started to tag them all with #cheflain. It started to catch on because now whenever I catch up with someone they bring up #cheflain! Many of my friends have also been asking for recipes (which I do get from Pinterest). I decided I will try to write them on here as well as my thoughts on the dish.
The original recipe can be found here.
* I did not make this in my crockpot just in a pot and skillet. The good thing is you can make this recipe right away or while you’re not home in the crockpot. Follow original recipe for crockpot instructions.*
1 lb of shrimp (I used fresh)
2 Tbsp lime (I used half of a lime)
1 tsp Chili powder
1/8 tsp Black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
Polenta (I used the pre-cooked polenta. Since I didn’t use a crockpot)
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Remove polenta from casing and follow cooking instructions. Basically you cook the polenta on low and slowly add milk until it is creamy (consistency of grits).
- Clean and de-vain shrimp. Marinate the shrimp with oil,salt, pepper, garlic,lime, and chili powder for at least 15 minutes.
- Add cheese and corn to the polenta until combined.
- In a heated skillet cook shrimp until pink, about 4 minutes.
- To serve, put down polenta first. Next, add shrimp topping with the extra sauce in the pan.
- Eat and repeat 🙂
Results- I would make it again! I think it needed a little more lime and a dash more chili powder. The polenta makes it a very filling dish, so for two people you will have left overs.